RECIPE: Pumpkin Pudding (makes 8 servings)
Here’s a delicious and easy-to-make recipe that’s perfect for your Thanksgiving gathering or even a festive autumn meal. Serve it as a sweet side dish or as a stand-alone dessert. May your celebration with loved ones be that much warmer and more special. Enjoy!
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin purée
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Heat the oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, mix the sugar, cinnamon, ginger, salt, and cloves.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs to blend. Stir in the pumpkin purée and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in the evaporated milk.
- Pour into glass or ceramic baking dish. (It’s best not to exceed a depth of about 1½ inches.)
- Bake for approximately 35-45 minutes. Total time in the oven will vary depending on the size and type of baking dish, so be sure to check in regular intervals. Bake until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let cool on wire rack, then refrigerate overnight, until ready to serve. Serve with the whipped cream, if desired. Enjoy!